Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

a weird problem

Frequent Visitor

a weird problem

I have a strange problem with my wirelesss network. I have one of the new gateways the one that looks like a small building not the one with the big lights that is horzintal. I had to change the gateway for a new one because wouldnt hook up to network. I now when i go in my room or sons room from living rooom where gateway is, to get signal that is reliable i have to either restart or at least cycle my devices wireless off and on once i leave living room. If i dont it is very unstable. even this doesnt work sometimes and i have to cycle gateway power. i never had this problem with old gateway. I dont think is normal to have to do this. what should i do to fix this?

Expert

Re: a weird problem

Try this: Log into the device and rename one of the networks. Either the 2.4Ghz or the 5Ghz, whatever you choose. Connect as many devices to the 5Ghz connection as possible -- it's a less crowded frequency and offers better overall performance. 2.4GHz is slower, but it performs at a greater distance. So if your device(s) needs range, then leave them on the 2.4GHz network. 

Frequent Visitor

Re: a weird problem

ty i will try this