Community Forum

Zoom Cable modem 5341j

New Poster

Zoom Cable modem 5341j

why is the US blue light always blinking?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Zoom Cable modem 5341j

It's a bit of a bug. It seems to happen if there was an upstream glitch and it had to resync. You can try rebooting the modem and see if it clears up.

Expert

If that doesn't work, try holding in the recessed reset button on the rear for 30 seconds. I had the same thing with that modem. It didn't affect the performance / connectivity in any way, so I just ignored it. It's not a problem.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hey @1941MH

When following the steps provided by andyross & EG did this help with the blinking US light? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

It still blinks.
Official Employee

Ok, I have heard this is a bug. But since this is not a Comcast owned modem, I would have to advise you to contact the manufacturer for further assistance. I apologize for the inconvenience. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Silver Problem Solver

Can you post your signal levels?

Expert

@1941MH wrote:
It still blinks.

Unless you are having problems, ignore it.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.