Community Forum

Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device(DNS server) is not responding.

New Poster

Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device(DNS server) is not responding.

Chatting with an employee is getting me nowhere with this, so here I am. Since November of 2017 my router has been giving me, "Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device(DNS server) is not responding." when I try to troubleshoot it. I have 2 PC's, one is wireless, one is Ethernet my main PC (this one) Ethernet is just not working correctly, and by that I mean once I launch anything related to using the internet (Steam, Chrome, Firefox, Origin, Uplay) any of those services my internet servie just plummets, it freezes, I get a disconnected logo on my Network logo tray, then after 5 minutes my PC unfreezes and resumes like normal but just reeeeally slow. This is most noticeable when I have Steam running, and watch a YouTube video my internet browser locks up and gives me the loading/thinking circle then tells me the whole "Experiencing slow downs?" pop up. I was curious so I hooked a different Ethernet cable up to my wireless PC and ran the troubleshooter. Same error popped up. I've tried to flush my dns, reset my dns, rebooted my router, tried new cables, tried turning it off for several hours, flushed dns. I've done every CMD promt I could find to help fix it and it just wont. it's happening on BOTH of my PC's with separet cables tells me the router is busted. This is so frustrating. I chatted with an online employee and he ran me through what I told him I've done several times and nothing, I'd just like some solid help with this please.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device(DNS server) is not responding.

we are having the same problem, and cs is useless. we even went out and got a new modem today from comcast and came home to the same exact problem as before. The only answer they have given us is we need to pay 60 bucks to come out and look at it. I am so infuriated I dont really know what to do about it