Community Forum

Your ISP DHCP not working

Regular Visitor

Your ISP DHCP not working

I was away on vacation and my internet went out. My router says "your ISP DHCP is not working correctly". I've tried all the usual restarts, reboots and power cycles I can think of on both my (owned) modem Arris SB8200 and my Asus Rt-68u router.

I've done the release and renew of my DHCP. All my modem lights appear correct, Comcast troubleshooting app says things look good on their end.

When I connect a laptop direct to the modem it will work, but very slowly (35 down on my Extreme 250 service). As soon as I connect my router..something goes haywire. I've tried an old router and same thing happens. I think I may need a reprovisioning of my modem?

I will post my modem logs shortly.

Help?!
Regular Visitor

Re: Your ISP DHCP not working

I cant upload photos just yet.  Here is a link

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1oQs8v6C0nBGgO6L0hHVkY9aAlwGN2Arf

Need help to get internet back up!

@ComcastJohnF @ComcastChe 

Official Employee

Hi @mrmattatl

Welcome to the Xfinity Forums. Sorry for the experience you're having. I can help review your account to help find the cause of your internet issues. Please send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click send a message. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi @mrmattatl

I just wanted to reach out and thank you for allowing me to fix your connectivity issue. As mentioned in our private message, in your case, all I had to do was send a provisioning signal, and you were able to confirm this fixed it. If you need any help in the future, don't hesitate to reach out. We'd be more than happy to assist you, however, we can. 

Thank you for being the BEST part of Comcast, take care. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi @mrmattatl

I hope all is well. I haven't heard back from you to confirm whether or not you still need assistance. If you are still having issues, please send me a private message and I'd be more than happy to continue investigating or send a tech if one is still needed. Thanks.