Community Forum

Xpods and smarthome devices -- how do I connect to only 2.4GHz?

New Poster

Xpods and smarthome devices -- how do I connect to only 2.4GHz?

I got the new Xfinity router and a set of Xpods -- and love the performance!  The coverage and speed is terrific.  However, I can't seem to connect any smart devices (lights, garage door opener, etc.) -- they apparently only connect to 2.4 GHz WiFi, and the Xpods now combine the 2.4 and 5.0 GHz nets ... so the devices don't connect.  Ideas?

Expert

Re: Xpods and smarthome devices -- how do I connect to only 2.4GHz?

Does this apply ? ;

Troubleshooting

Why did some of my devices lose connection to my home WiFi network once I activated my Pods?
You may have previously had a separate WiFi network name and password for your 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz WiFi networks. Pods require that each of your network names and passwords be the same, so that all of your devices can seamlessly connect to the network that will provide the best WiFi signal at any given time.

You should have been notified if your network names and passwords were different when you activated your Pods. The WiFi network name and password previously used for the 2.4 GHz WiFi network should now be the WiFi network name and password used for all of your devices, unless you changed it. Make sure all of your devices are connected using the current WiFi name and password for your home network.

Why can I no longer have different WiFi network names and passwords for my 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz WiFi networks?
Pods require that you only have one WiFi network name and password, so that all of your devices can seamlessly connect to the network that will provide the best WiFi signal at any given time.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!