Community Forum

Xinity Cisco Gateway DPC3941T - How to erase a device from the list of connected devices?

New Poster

Xinity Cisco Gateway DPC3941T - How to erase a device from the list of connected devices?

I am trying to add devices on my network using static IP addresses.  But I made a mistake with one of my entries and I can't erase that entry. 

The CISCO web interface provides an "X" which says it will delete the entry, but it does not. It doesn't b/c you can find it under the option "Parental Control | Managed Devices" and it is listed as blocked.

Basicly, I made a typo without realizing it and I entered the wrong MAC ID for a device. So I'd like to erase this mistake. Plus, I'm trying to reclaim that IP address that I mistakenly assigned to an erroneous MAC ID. So I ask, how to I erase this MAC ID from Xfinity's CISCO Gateway?

Expert

Re: Xinity Cisco Gateway DPC3941T - How to erase a device from the list of connected devices?

Not certain if there is another way but you may have to try hard resetting the device to factory defaults by pressing and holding in the recessed reset button on the rear for 30 seconds. You will lose any customized settings, and they will need to be re-configured from scratch 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Xinity Cisco Gateway DPC3941T - How to erase a device from the list of connected devices?

Thanks, but no thanks. I'm not looking for a nuclear option.

Every other Gateway manufacturer allows you to erase mistakes without nuking hours of work customizing their network.

I hope their is an answer to this or else paying a $13 monthly fee for a device that has an interface that was written for 1990s isn't is what I'm interested in.

Expert

O/k whatever. Suit yourself. I'm not CC employee. Good luck with it ! 😊

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!