Community Forum

Xfinity wifi hotspot suddenly down

Regular Visitor

Hello, I am recently having a problem with one xfinity hotspot (both "xfinitywifi" and "XFINITY"). Both have previously worked consistently for the past year, but suddenly stopped. The "xfinitywifi" is showing an error message saying no IP address, and the "XFINITY" hotspot shows full connection, but I am unable to browse. 
I have connected manually before but I also tried to download the app to see if the hotspots would work but this did not help.
The issue is on multiple devices. I am able to successfully connect to other hotspot locations.
This is very frustrating because I use this hotspot while i'm at work

Expert

Re: Xfinity wifi hotspot suddenly down

It's possible this hotspot was taken out of service or down. Did you check https://wifi.xfinity.com to see if this hotspot is functional? (Note that this will only reveal public hotspots, and not those on consumer accounts)

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

The hotspot is still listed in the app. I can even see it in my phone's wifi list with many bars. But if I try to pick it, my phone will either never fully connect (just keep "connecting") or eventually fail to get an IP
Regular Visitor

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Re-Xfinity-WiFi-On-Demand-Hotspot-Down-Since-06-15-1...

It seems to be a similar issue to this person. But the solve was an Xfinity employee working some sort of behind the scenes magic?
@ComcastMorgan @ComcastKen 

New Poster

My xfinity hotspot in my area isn’t connecting after a bad storm (30331). However it’s showing up in my wifi list. It shows 2 out of 3 bars for signal strength.
New Poster

i have had the same issue with my xfinitywifi home hot spot. the "tier 3" xfinity support say it is a outage that they have been working on for months with no known repair date

New Poster

I am also having the same issue.  I was told by Xfinity hotspot repair team that the paticular modem i have the hotspot is temporarily unavailable and engineering is fixing it.

Expert

@yc1976 wrote:

I was told by Xfinity hotspot repair team that the paticular modem i have the hotspot is temporarily unavailable and engineering is fixing it.

Would you please share the exact make and model number of that gateway modem ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I was told the same thing. They said I needed model CGM414OCOM which I picked up at Xfinity store.. still no go