Community Forum

Xfinity wifi hotspot login/logout

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity wifi hotspot login/logout

Is there a way to logout of xfinity wifi from a device after an account is used to login with it? It automatically logs in every time there's an xfinity wifi hotspot without prompting to enter the username and password again. Is there a way to see all the devices linked to an account being used with the xfinity wifi hotspot and be able to delete devices? I would like to delete 2 devices that have access to it with my account but can't find a logout option and it automatically signs them in on any xfinity wifi. Please let me know! Thanks
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity wifi hotspot login/logout

I don't think it really matters anyway. If you don't want to use the network then just forget the network through your wireless settings.
New Poster

JazzyJaz13 wrote:
Is there a way to logout of xfinity wifi from a device after an account is used to login with it? It automatically logs in every time there's an xfinity wifi hotspot without prompting to enter the username and password again. Is there a way to see all the devices linked to an account being used with the xfinity wifi hotspot and be able to delete devices? I would like to delete 2 devices that have access to it with my account but can't find a logout option and it automatically signs them in on any xfinity wifi. Please let me know! Thanks

In the WiFi settings, under the xfinity WiFi network, you can choose to 'Forget this network'. This will prevent the device from auto-connecting to the hotspot when it comes in range.

Expert

JazzyJaz13 wrote:

If I'm reading this right, you have given your account information to 2 people who you no longer want accessing the xfinity public network since the are using your data cap?

Simple.... log into your account and change your password if you are the primary account holder.

-=Ray=-

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

I'm sure Comcast won't like this, but...  You should never connect to a WiFi hotspot that doesn't ask for a password specific to that SSID - like in your house or a friend's house. Logging into any public/open WiFi such as xfinitywifi with your Comcast ID and password put you at risk of having your compute hijacked by someone posing as a Comcast hotspot. Such a (bad) person would broadcast a WiFi hotspot that look just like a Comcast hotspot, intercept your keystokes and pass them along to whom ever you were communicating with (like your bank). Such as bogus hotspot would look like a protected site with https when in fact it is not. It is infinitely safer to just tether off your Smartphone when in the open.

Needless to say these are my personal beliefs.

Frequent Visitor

Changing the password doesn't work. I've changed the password and even suspended the account used to log on the xfinity wifi hotspot and it still logs on regardless.
Frequent Visitor

Forgetting the network doesn't work either. If you select the xfinitywifi again it's automatically signed in to the account and gives access to the Internet without prompting you to log in to comcast.
Valued Contributor

You can either visit wifilogout.comcast.net on those devices while connected to xfinitywifi, or call customer service and have them log those devices out

Frequent Visitor

Customer service said that they can't log those devices out.
Frequent Visitor

I got it! Going to wifilogout.comcast.net from the devices logs them out. Comcast should have another way in case you don't have access to the devices.
Contributor

What you say you might get it to logon to....like any of the other millions of open systems we all use every day....but as soon as you go to a webpage, it simply won't exist, so you'd know it was bogus.

I've never seen anyone with this problem.  I live on the road and depend on open wifi hotspots for service.  If you use a dependable antivirus/firewall like Norton 360, supported by a staff that keeps the product's list of malware up to date, nobody's going to hack your system as it just goes crazy warning you it has ALREADY dumped whatever it was before it was installed.  If you use a freebie not supported properly, you get what you pay for.

Contributor

The Xfinity hotspot, ITSELF, is an open connection anyone can connect to, like most hotels.  It's not password protected and your modem connects as the AP (access point) is not password protected.  So it logs in.  Your username/password is given to a piece of software AFTER you logon in a central station that looks up your Xfinity account from anywhere on or off the system to determine if you get SERVICE, not a connection to the AP.  What he told you won't work.

You don't need to "disconnect" from one wifi to use another.  You don't need to wait for the Xfinity wifi connection to complete and don't need to username/password before you can simply, very simply, just connect to whatever AP you like from your list of APs on your computer.  The computer will disconnect from Xfinity (or any other AP) and connect to the one you've told it to.  So, let it connect to Xfinity, if it finds it, then just click whatever other AP you desire even while it's connecting without waiting.

Frequent Visitor

Along the lines of your questions, I would like to know if there is any way via the OUI Mac address of telling if an xfinitywifi is in comcast at all.  I work in the computer security business, and network name fooling goes on in the malware business.  I had a customer that went to a Dunkin Donuts and infected themself twice in one day, using the "freewifi" that he thought DD provided.  I currenly can scan and see an "xfinitywifi" signal where I sit right now that the OUI MAC address is spoofed.  Or one of my neighbors is incredibly skilled at configuring a wireless router, and capable of spoofing the mac address too.  Is "xfinitywifi" a trademark.  What's in a name.  xfinity=just comcast.

Bummer

New Poster

If anyone still needs to find the page to logout your devices so they don't automatically sign in, please read below. 

Login to your xfinity account.

Click My account tab up top.

Click My Services

Click Xfinity Internet tab

And there should be a link there to manage your registered device.

Xfinity says you can have up to 20 registered auto-sign in devices at a time.

I think it takes awhile to update before they're actually removed.

Hope that helps.