Community Forum

Xfinity need to let us port forward ourselves

Highlighted
New Poster

Xfinity need to let us port forward ourselves

I'm trying to port forward my PS4 because for some reason xfinity internet is not working on my PS4. Tried everything literally, except for the port forward, all I wanna know if port forwarding is the issue and I have been trying to fix it all day. But xfinity doesn't let me port forward at all, I kept adding and deleting port forwards to my ps4 which led to xfinity shutting me down and forbid me to tweak my wifi settings, the page just keep saying that there's something with my internet even though the internet is working fine for everything. It's really frustrating. The reason why I keep adding and deleting port forwarding is because I don't see the reserve IP address for my PS4, there's like 6 different PS4 systems I see on the port forwards, I currently own 2 PS4 pros ( and 2 PS4 that are not being used because we trade it in so idk why it's still there) but apparently there are 6 ps4 systems which confuses me and to make matters worse, none of them show the reserved IP address which they should have, I have to add them first to see if i got the right PS4 thus deleting them if I got the wrong one. After 3 tries, the page just gives me blank. This wouldnt have happened if we still can port forward via 10.0.0.1 interface. They gotta fix the site, just because I messed up doesn't mean you can shut the down the page, that's messed up. This happened before on my old xfinity account when I was trying to find the reason for my increased payment in my billing, they showed me a blank page and a number to call. such nice work guys, my family may need to switch to different internet providers if you guys are like that.