Community Forum

Xfinity internet download speed and connectivity

New Poster

Xfinity internet download speed and connectivity

I have been using Comcast/Xfinity since 1995.  At present, I am paying for the boost package which advertised as up to 400 Mbps down and 12 Mbps up.  My current download speed with my PC connected to the gateway with an ethernet cable is 63 Mbps.  For over a year now I have been struggling with this slow download speed and intermittent drop connection.  The techs have been out to my resident multiple times and have not been able to isolate the problem.  The last time the technician was out, he replaced the cable from the street to my dwelling.  He also replaced the cable from the wall to the modem.

I have replaced three modems.  Two Arris SV2482AC and a NETGEAR Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem for Xfinity Internet & Voice. Docsis 3.1 Technology (CM1150V) chasing a fix for this problem.

I now think the problem is upstream from the modem.  I have seen similar issues here.  I would like to know how they were resolved.  

Please help..

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity internet download speed and connectivity

Hi @jthompson372

Welcome to the Xfinity Forum, and thank you for being a loyal customer. I'd like to apologize for your experience and take a deeper look into your account, signal levels, and the health of your node to see if I'm able to isolate a cause for your speed and connection issues. In order to take a look at your account, can you please verify your first and last name in a private message? If you are not the account holder, please verify their first and last name and the number associated with their account. 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Thanks for the reply.  I had a technician ( Ralph) on site at my house on Thursday, April 4th.  He was able to troubleshoot the problem down to a faulty amplifier in the junction box outside of my house.  I  was very impressed by this young man's patient and depth of knowledge.  I am now getting the download speed that I am paying for, and I no longer have spotty or intermittent internet.

Thanks a million.

Official Employee

We love hearing stories like this. I'm happy we were able to get a tech out who took the time to locate the issue and worked fast to resolve it, as well as keeping you in the loop of what was going on.  If you should run into any issues in the future, feel free to contact us. My team is also available on Reddit, Twitter, and Facebook. Thanks for being a loyal customer. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!