Community Forum

Xfinity internet Equipment

New Poster

Xfinity internet Equipment

I am renting Xfinity Wi-Fi modem/router from Comcast., dual-band, 802.11n  for Xfinity 60 Mbps Internet.

I want to buy my own modem/router to save long-temm money.

My questions:

1. Can I buythe modem/router I am renting now?

2. If it is not possible, what brand I hae to buy for 60 Mbps connections?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity internet Equipment

Official Employee

Greetings, firayar! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I certainly understand wanting to own your own equipment. As BruceW had mentioned, these links are the best way to see what's compatible with the service. If and when you do decide to purchase a modem, feel free to send me a PM with your first and last name so I can get it added to your account and have it provisioned or if you have any questions in general.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello, firayar. I have not heard back from you. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new public thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!