Community Forum

Xfinity hotspot connection

New Poster

Xfinity hotspot connection

My parents have Xfinity wifi and just upgraded their modem and added tv i have moved out into my first apartment so i have been using xfinity hotspot with their permission until i have enough to get my own wifi. After they upgraded it wont let me on anymore and asks for me to select a pass but i want access to the internet without a pass. What do i do?
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity hotspot connection

Hi @Mitch258

Welcome to the Xfinity Forums. Congrats on moving into your first place! That's a big accomplishment. My son will be doing the same soon. Have you considered looking into pricing for internet, or streaming services through us? 

There is a way around this. First, I'd recommend asking your parents to create you a "Username" on their account. They can also follow the steps to "Add and Invite Users to Your Xfinity Account" as an unrestricted secondary user. That will give you the chance to create your own log n credentials. With an unrestricted secondary username and permissions, you will have full access to all Xfinity TV, Xfinity Internet, Xfinity Voice and Xfinity Home account features, including the ability to edit/change their username or password, manage email settings, enable/disable Xfinity Internet and Xfinity Home features and more.

* This does not include the ability to manage an Xfinity Mobile account. 

For more information, check out "Differences Between Primary Users and Secondary Users - My Account Help". Follow these steps to help your parents "Change a Secondary User's User Role on Your Account". 

I hope this helps. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!