Community Forum

Xfinity hotspot DHCP lookup failed

New Poster

Xfinity hotspot DHCP lookup failed

I've been buying and using xfinity hotspots to access the Internet on my chromebook for almost a year now, purchasing access passes. For some reason I haven't been able to even connect to the hotspot and while it's trying to connect it comes up saying DHCP lookup failed. I've searched for answers, but haven't found anything thats worked and I'm not tech savvy enough to understand the issue. What should I do to get internet access again? (I have plenty of time left on my pass, have already tried restarting the laptop and switching to using the Google name servers)
Expert

Re: Xfinity hotspot DHCP lookup failed

Did you purge your browser cache and flush your DNS settings?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I have tried doing both, still can't connect to the xfinity hotspot.
New Poster

I am now having this issue out of nowhere as of 11/24/18 at 5:00AM mst. 

Checking, flushed, powerwashed, and even checked the soldering on my months old Chromebook. 

New Poster

I've attempted contacting the phone number Comcast advertises for these hotspots and I've spoken to 10 different agents and spent 5 hours on the phone since Saturday. None of them even knows whether a technician can be dispatched to look at the hotspot. One actually said it's a "public hotspot" and is "owned by the public" ...making no mention of what to do if the hotspot goes down.

The only thing we've been able to deduce is the signal went down on Black Friday. Either someone nearby added some sort of monstrosity that drowns out only Chromebook wifi, or something happened to the router as it pertains to only Chromebooks.

The problem is Comcast will not let you transfer a pass to a device that works! Scam!

New Poster

I'm having the same issue with my Chromebook so if there is a way to fix this issue please let me know!!!!