Community Forum

Xfinity cable modem issues

Contributor

Xfinity cable modem issues

I have the  Orbi AC3000 Wireless Mesh system. I bought it to eliminate dead spots in my home and that it does well.

I have it connected to my Xfinity Cable modem  XB3 and it is in bridge mode.

I bought the Orbi beacause the Xfinity equipment could not get up two flights to give me total coverage in my home.

This morning the wifi network had no access to the internet.

The Orbi system is running and the wifi symbol is showing on all my devices. All devices are connected in thge Orbi app but it shows no internet access.

My Cable modem shows itself to be online.

If I connect my PC directly to the Xfiniti cable modem and I get internet. If I connect it to the Orbi I do not.

Orbi is running firmware version 2.3.1.60.

I restarted everything and nothing changes.

Any suggestions? both seem to be working. I just can't get the Modem to give the Orbi internet. I replaced the ethernet cable between the two devices with a new one and still the same issue.

Thanks,

Ted

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity cable modem issues

@misterted wrote:

I have the  Orbi AC3000 Wireless Mesh system. I bought it to eliminate dead spots in my home and that it does well.

I have it connected to my Xfinity Cable modem  XB3 and it is in bridge mode.

I bought the Orbi beacause the Xfinity equipment could not get up two flights to give me total coverage in my home.

This morning the wifi network had no access to the internet.

The Orbi system is running and the wifi symbol is showing on all my devices. All devices are connected in thge Orbi app but it shows no internet access.

My Cable modem shows itself to be online.

If I connect my PC directly to the Xfiniti cable modem and I get internet. If I connect it to the Orbi I do not.

Orbi is running firmware version 2.3.1.60.

I restarted everything and nothing changes.

Any suggestions? both seem to be working. I just can't get the Modem to give the Orbi internet. I replaced the ethernet cable between the two devices with a new one and still the same issue.

Thanks,

Ted

I have the Orbi.  Did you put your Comcast Gateway in Bridge Mode?  Is it the XB6?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

Re: Xfinity cable modem issues

@RobertWy wrote:

Did you put your Comcast Gateway in Bridge Mode?  Is it the XB6?

FWIW, the poster stated this: "I have it connected to my Xfinity Cable modem  XB3 and it is in bridge mode".

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!