Community Forum

Xfinity and Tivo MoCa networks

New Poster

Xfinity and Tivo MoCa networks

I have Xfinity internet service and use a Tivo Bolt with two mini tivos connected via a MoCa network. I was having trouble with my comcast internet service frequently dropping and coming back up again. First I replaced my Xfinity xFi Gateway modem, assuming that was the problem, but after getting the new equipment, the problem was even worse. The modem was constantly rebooting itself. I had a Comcast technitian come to my house who determined that my Tivo was the source of the problem. Everything worked fine until the Tivo box was connected by ethernet, then immediately it would start rebooting. I then contacted Tivo support who after troubleshooting recommended we exchange that equipment. After setting it up, however, the same problem reappeared as soon as I configured it to act as a MoCa bridge. A MoCa network is necessary for the  Tivo Bolt to connect with the Tivo minis over coaxial cable. Tivo support ultimately turned me back to Xfinity support to see if the xFi Gateway was also trying to act as a MoCa network source causing a conflict. Xfinity support, however, inicated that their modem was no longer compatable with a MoCa network or Tivo and that I should switch over to using their DVR, one for each room. They must have broken comatability with a firmware upgrade because it used to work. I've tried their DVR and I much prefer Tivo. I don't want to be forced by Xfinity into using their system because they're choosing to break Tivo. I want my Tivo!  This must be affecting more customers than myself. Can the xFi Gateway be configured as a MoCa network source or be made to suport and Tivo MoCa network? If I can't resolve this soon I'll be dropping both services and starting from scratch with Google Fiber.

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity and Tivo MoCa networks

Hello @erikjorg, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you're experiencing with your internet connection and Tivo. I am not showing anything related to this reporting as a known issue on my end and I would be more than happy to further troubleshoot this. Can you please send me a Private Message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different? 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastAmira" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity and Tivo MoCa networks

@erikjorg, I never received a private message or heard back from you on here, so I will be locking this thread. Please be sure to send me a Private Message if you still need assistance with this internet and Tivo connection concern. Please create a new Public post for any new issues or concerns, we're here to help. Thanks and we appreciate you being the best part of Comcast. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!