Community Forum

Xfinity UPLOAD SPEEDS

Regular Contributor

Xfinity UPLOAD SPEEDS

Why does Xfinity have such terrible upload speeds?  Their download speeds are great but why are their upload speeds so far off?  The 400 mbps triple play package only has 10-12 mbps upload speed.. why ?  I don't want to pay 300 dollars a month to get a decent upload ... 

Expert

Re: Xfinity UPLOAD SPEEDS

It is DOCSIS limitations through the upstream spectrum. But don't worry, Full Duplex DOCSIS is on the way, but don't know how long for implementation.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Diamond Problem Solver

@jweaver0312 wrote:

It is DOCSIS limitations through the upstream spectrum. But don't worry, Full Duplex DOCSIS is on the way, but don't know how long for implementation.

At 10 Mbps it not a physical DOCSIS limitation thing. It's a corporate choice.

A current single 64 QAM modulated, 6.4MHz-wide, 5.120 MSym/sec upstream channel supports a raw data rate of approximately 30.72 Mbps and a real world throughput of approximately 27 Mbps. 

Expert

@EG wrote:

@jweaver0312 wrote:

At 10 Mbps it not a physical DOCSIS limitation thing. It's a corporate choice.

A current single 64 QAM modulated, 6.4MHz-wide, 5.120 MSym/sec upstream channel supports a raw data rate of approximately 30.72 Mbps and a real world throughput of approximately 27 Mbps. 

Was referring to upload in DOCSIS in general.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!