Community Forum

Xfinity Speed Test

Most Valued Poster

Xfinity Speed Test

Wondering if other people see this with the Xfinity Speed test. I use a Laptop with wireless fairly new 2015, My Internet package is 250 mbps & 10 Upload. So when I do the speed test sometimes both IPv6 and IPv4 will never get over 140 mbp but Upload is fine. So I have to restart my pc for the speeds test to go up way over 250 mbps. Just wondering if this is a normal for Xfinity speed test website?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity Speed Test

@tstack wrote:

Wondering if other people see this with the Xfinity Speed test. I use a Laptop with wireless fairly new 2015, My Internet package is 250 mbps & 10 Upload. So when I do the speed test sometimes both IPv6 and IPv4 will never get over 140 mbp but Upload is fine. So I have to restart my pc for the speeds test to go up way over 250 mbps. Just wondering if this is a normal for Xfinity speed test website?

Wifi is known for its unreliable support for speed tests.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

@tstack wrote:

For a test, does a computer hardwired directly to the router / gateway device with an ethernet cable have the same problem ? Have you tried other test sites ? Same thing ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Most Valued Poster

Will try with wired connections. Thanks for responses