Community Forum

Xfinity Speed Test Not Working?

Most Valued Poster

Xfinity Speed Test Not Working?

For about 2 weeks now I am unable to get the speed to test to start. I get to the website fine but when I click Start nothing happens. Im using IE11. Works on my phone but not PC. Any help would be grateful.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity Speed Test Not Working?

@tstack wrote:

For about 2 weeks now I am unable to get the speed to test to start. I get to the website fine but when I click Start nothing happens. Im using IE11. Works on my phone but not PC. Any help would be grateful.

It never starts for me with IE11 and Edge starts but never finishes.

It works fine with Chrome.

(I have the Gigabit Tier)

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Most Valued Poster

Thanks, yes also Edge starts but never finishes

Problem Solver

Firefox works fine.  It looks like it might be something in javascript ending up at http://speedtest.xfinity.com/app/vendor.7be407c4.js with the OOPS! page.

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Expert

Yes there is a problem.

I just ran the speed test on my Lenovo AIO computer using Edge W10 (all updates current).

It starts off fine and I see expected numbers for download speeds on WiFi. It looks like there is a bug in the code for the upload part of the test. That is when the "Oops" shows up and asks for "Retest".

I am going to Escalate this post to speed up getting this checked out. I live in the Twin Cities area in Minnesota.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Ditto.  All other internet speed test sites working fine (ookla, fast, speedtest.net, etc) Ticket #CR830831366 escalated on 2/11. Still no response.

Expert

I just tried the "Speed Test" this morning again on my Lenovo AIO computer running Edge in W10.

The test still fails after "down-load" portion. It fails to start "up-load" test and leaves the: "Oops error" and "Test again". I Escalated the post on the 16th.

Since this is Monday maybe someone will look into this problem.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi, tstack and hankaren. Thanks for posting. I have Windows 10 and have the latest version of Microsoft Edge installed and this link: http://speedtest.xfinity.com/ works fine for completing a speed test. Have any of you attempted to clear the cache and cookies through that browser and re-attempt to see if the issue continues in Microsoft Edge? The link isn't working for me on Internet Explorer 11, that does appear to be consistent. Tickets can take some time to get worked through and the more details we have, the better. I can create a request for you as well tstack, if you'd like. From my experience, that website works best in Google Chrome, although I realize you may not have that installed and/or may perfer to use IE and Edge. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

I have reset the modem

reset the router

cleared the cash on Ie11 and Edge

Disabled the anti virus

disabled the firewall

tested both IPV4 and IPV6

No problems with Apple or Android

No problems on any other speed test website only Xfinity

Expert

I just ran the speed test found on Spectrum (see link). 

It gave me 39.9 and 40.1 download on my Lenovo AIO computer using Edge, W10. I got 5.1 on upload.  This was on WiFi with my router about 10 feet from my computer. My router is a Zyxel C3000Z (VDSL2 bonding AC2200 Gateway) for use on DSL.

https://www.spectrum.com/internet/speed-test.html

The numbers are accurate for my 40Mbts/sec. guaranteed over Ethernet. This site should work for you until Comcast gets their site fixed for us. Comcast numbers have always worked for me in the past. The Spectrum site is a good cross check along with Comcast.

Official Employee

This is a good alternative speed test site to use in the meantime as well: https://www.speedtest.net/. This website: http://speedtest.xfinity.com/ works best and is most compatible with Google Chrome.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

@ComcastMorgan wrote:

This is a good alternative speed test site to use in the meantime as well: https://www.speedtest.net/. This website: http://speedtest.xfinity.com/ works best and is most compatible with Google Chrome.

Yes!   The alternative you listed matches the link I included in my post above for my expected results over WiFi signal.

Official Employee

Great! That is good to hear. It's nice that there are a few website workarounds that show the same/similar data. 

Expert

The Spectrum test is powered by Ookla anyway..

Expert

@EG wrote:

The Spectrum test is powered by Ookla anyway..

I see what you mean. Both the two sites working and linked here use (Ookla). It's a good test site for accurate speed testing. I hadn't scrolled down to see Ookla listed for both when I checked each link.

Thank you.

Official Employee

The good news and really the focus here is that there are a few different speed test sites that have been confirmed to provide consistent speed results (regardless of who hosts it) as a current workaround. There are several speed test sites out there and anyone can use whichever speedtest site they want, they have options. It's just good to be aware that some of them are more accurate than others. Thanks guys.