Community Forum

Xfinity My Account app - Modem Not Connected

New Poster

Xfinity My Account app - Modem Not Connected

I’ve seen another thread on here with the same issue and it looks like they were helped with a resolution (but didn’t post it on the forum!). It looks like user ComcastPhill and helped solve it (not sure how to connect or link people here). I’ll repost to see if I can get some help:

To be very clear my internet connection has been wonky the past week - I have to restart my modem every hour or so to have working internet (and it's only around 90mbps of my gigabit speed plan).

Even when my internet is working, if i look on the xfinity my account app the status of my modem shows as "not connected".

When I look at the app homepage the internet shows as connected, a green dot icon, when I then select internet to go to devices the cable modem has a red icon. The serial number is showing my MAC address.

This is a relatively new modem (MB8600) and has been working ok for the last few months (outside of this past week of connectivity issues), my old SB6190 modem used to show correct status and hardly ever needed to be reset.

Xfinity tech support doesnt seem to get it or know how to fix it.

Any help would be appreciated! I’m wondering if something isn’t set up right (and might also be part of the reason I’m not getting the full gigabit speed I'm paying for).
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity My Account app - Modem Not Connected

Hi csorensen8, I can help look into this for you and/or send a ticket to the proper team accordingly.  Please send me a private message with your full name to begin.

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity My Account app - Modem Not Connected

Hi csorensen8,  I haven't heard from you but please reach back out if you still need assistance.

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!