Community Forum

Xfinity Modem disconnecting and US/DS lights blinking

New Poster

Xfinity Modem disconnecting and US/DS lights blinking

My router or modem keeps disconnecting and the us/ds starts blinking. It happens frequently and hasn't stop. How do I fix this? Do I need to buy a new modem or can it be fixed with a simple solution?

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: Disconnecting and us/ds light blinking

Try unplugging your modem directly from the wall wait five minutes and plug it back in then take a pin push in the tiny hole on the back of the modem it may take about three minutes for to reroute itself mine always dose it under 2 min
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Disconnecting and us/ds light blinking

Suskodo wrote: My router or modem keeps disconnecting and the us/ds starts blinking. ...

This usually means a bad connection to Comcast's network. See Connection Troubleshooting Tips. If you want to troubleshoot this yourself and still need help, please provide Information Requested for Connection-Related Posts.

If you'd rather have Comcast do the troubleshooting call them at the phone number on your bill or 1-800-Comcast and have them send a tech out to identify the cause and correct it.

If the tech finds bad coax, splitters, amplifiers, or connections in your home (even if Comcast originally supplied them) you'll probably have to pay for the visit unless you have their Service Protection Plan (http://www.comcast.com/spp/, about $5/mo). If the trouble is due to a faulty Comcast modem, eMTA, or gateway device, or anything outside your home, you shouldn't be charged.