Community Forum

Xfinity Gigabit & Motorola MB8600 Constant dropping / T3 timeouts

New Poster

Xfinity Gigabit & Motorola MB8600 Constant dropping / T3 timeouts

Having read numerous accounts similar to mine, I'm hoping the solution has been identified (or can be).  I have Gigabit service and my 4 month old MB8600 was great initially and has been getting worse and worse, now with T3 timeouts hourly.  Sometimes it recovers itself after a few minutes but usually I have to power cycle the modem (which works every time - for a little while).  

I have logs I can share and rest of set-up is basically a Google Wifi plugged into ethernet port of modem, which I then connect to a switch which connects to my downstream devices such as Apple TV etc.  I've read about cable tilt, docsis 3.1 issues, etc.  I don't own the building (townhouse) but am connecting directly from wall to modem - no splitters I'm aware of. . .

Tier 1 phone support isn't helpful.  Hoping this forum can help me resolve.  I'm a first time poster so not sure if I should be posting photos but will do so on request.  Thanks!

Expert

Re: Xfinity Gigabit & Motorola MB8600 Constant dropping / T3 timeouts

Share the modem's signal stats as well.

Please post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers.

Is this with a WiFi connection ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi @dscmcst

Welcome to the Xfinity Forums and thank you for reaching out to us for assistance. I'd be more than happy to help investigate your internet issues. I've replied to your private message and am looking forward to chatting with you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

Please also post the requested information here publically as well so as to benefit all readers here, thank you.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.