Community Forum

Xfinity Essentials

Contributor

Xfinity Essentials

Greetings

I had Comcast Cable/Xfinity basic plan for years but am on a limited fixed income so I had to make the choice to end that. My internet was provided by another company and was getting to the point where I would have to decide if I could do without it. I was told about Xfinity Essentials awhile back maybe over a year and called and they now provide in NJ.

So I cut the cable cord and closed the internet account and got the Essentials. I know you received 1 terabyte (1,024 G per month. When I applied for the plan I knew that would meet my needs then I decided to purchased FireTV from Amazon. Never thinking that it might eat up the 1 terabyte a month. I've only had the Xfinity Essentials for 3 weeks so hard to judge so far. I've tried not to watch TV to much until I can find out for sure if it will take me over the allotment.

It is only me using the devices, one computer and two TV's. I rarely used my cell phone for anything. 

And advice would be greatly appreciated.

Expert

Re: Xfinity Essentials

NJ is not subject to the 1 TB data plan.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

@jweaver0312 wrote:
NJ is not subject to the 1 TB data plan.

Thank you for replying so quickly. If it is not subjected to the 1TB plan do you know what the guidelines are for NJ. I was told a Welcome Kit was come but haven't received it yet. Or can you tell me where to find what NJ data plan is?

Highlighted
Expert

It’s unlimited.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Thank you so much. I was being cautious as I didn't want to go over the data.

Have a great day.

Gold Problem Solver

@IBleed4THee wrote: ... do you know what the guidelines are for NJ. ...

For more than you ever really wanted to know about the data plan, see https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/data-usage-plan.