Community Forum

Xbox one X disconnects from WiFi every 20-30 minutes

New Poster

Xbox one X disconnects from WiFi every 20-30 minutes

I have a brand new Xbox one x only a month old, traded in original Xbox one that worked for past 4 years without problem. But for past month every 20-30 minutes the entire time I try and play games or watch netlix the WiFi disconnects. I have been talking back and forth with Xbox support for the past few days trying to get my problem resolved. Xbox support had me follow their instructions while the ran a few tests while the console was running. My internet is well above the minimum requirements (most) of the time. For some reason it goes through spikes where multiplayer connection will dip 10-15%, download and upload speed plummet. That is when it loses connection to the WiFi. Then have to re pick my WiFi enter password and reconnect. I have tried hardwiring right to router and same issue occurs. My router is the xfinity XB3 and help would be very much appreciated.
Problem Solver

Re: Xbox one X disconnects from WiFi every 20-30 minutes

I heard the Xbox one X. Doesn't work good with WIFI. if you could get that thing wired.

but that's what I've heard. I've never had problems with WIFI but mine is mostly wired connected.