Community Forum

Xbox One X connectivity issues with Comcast Wireless

New Poster

Xbox One X connectivity issues with Comcast Wireless

I have had the original xbox one for years and have not encountered the teredo issue which has to do with not being able to find the IP address. Since I upgraded to the Xbox One X it is like the internet and this console don't like to talk all the time. I have done port forwarding, messing with UPnP, and other options found online but while I have minimized the issue to only occuring 1-3 times a day....it still occurs.

Does anyone have any advice on how to fix this entirely aside from the typical google information answers?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Regular Contributor

Re: Xbox One X connectivity issues with Comcast Wireless

I just moved and got an XB3 (TG1682G) that has been giving my Xbox One S fits. Horrible to no connectivity while other devices in the house are fine. I have not been able to track it down yet, possibly DNS and/or IPv6 related, but did not have any problems with my own MTA and router at my old house. That's not an option here because I have an Xi5 wireless set-top that needs the XB3.
Regular Contributor

The one thing that comes to mind is if you're WIFI is broadcasting 2.4 & 5 ghz on the same SSID causing them to flip between the 2 sprectrums or if they're only 2.4 chipsets in the Xbox side.  I don't have an X but I have a Nest and it only works on 2.4 so, I usually alocate 2.4 for that and my wifi printer and everything else connects to 5ghz for speed and the fact that the printer/nest can't connect to the 5g signal at all anyway.

Regular Contributor

The tech installed it with the same SSID, but I changed the 2.4 one after. I am connecting with 5 on the Xbox. This morning wired and 2.4 were working and the 5 would connect, but I could not ping my gateway or of course get on the Internet. I tried to troubleshoot with a tech while it was broken and she said let me test it and would not tell me what she did because it was a matter of "expertise" when I know all she did was reboot the router, that I got her to finally admit, the one thing I didn't want her to do so someone could look at it while it was broken.
Regular Contributor

Well, the diagnostics CC runs collects info from the device and checks for anomalies.  Rebooting is usually a first step but, stability issues isolated to a particular OEM in this case Microsoft should have some sort of explaination as to why.  On the Xbox is there any logs or anything that might give some insight into what's happening?  It might just be the wifi card inside the xbox having a fit for some reason.

I just looked up some replacement options and how to's on these things and that's an odd WIFI card w/ a single antenna and some modular power connection instead of a normal PCIe connection.  Before zooming in on the wifi card it kind of looked like you could slide something better into its place but it's all soldered on a single board.

The good thing is those cards are cheap for replacement at under $20 if needed.  I can't really say what the issue is though from one gateway to another it shouldn't matter as they're all 802.11 compliant and certified.  Could always piggy back a cheap router off the modem and connect to that instead.  Your own private XBOX SSID!

Diamond Problem Solver

Wonder how the original poster of this thread is doing ?

Regular Contributor

Yeah this morning it was all 5 GHz clients. I meant to say that. I tried a Mac, PC, and Android at various ranges, including sitting at the same desk. Maybe I just notice it more often on the Xbox. Of course all she would do at that point was schedule a tech, so we'll see what happens tomorrow. What peeved me is I don't think she ran any tests or diagnostics at all, just rebooted, and I had gotten transferred to a WiFi tech before and got disconnected, so this is after I had to call back in.

Regular Contributor

Been doing a lot better lately since I installed my own router and put the Xbox in the DMZ.

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Xi5-wireless-box-with-own-router/m-p/3041320#M144544