Community Forum

XFi gateway only has 2 Ethernet ports

mg30
Frequent Visitor

XFi gateway only has 2 Ethernet ports

I bought a tp-link 5 port switch to add 2 extra Ethernet ports but the internet does not work on them. My iMac shows Ethernet self selected  IP.

What can I do?

EG
Expert

Re: XFi gateway only has 2 Ethernet ports

What is the exact make and model number of the "gateway" ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
mg30
Frequent Visitor

XB6T

EG
Expert

Unless you placed the XB6 in to bridge mode, either port should work . Have you tried both ports ? Have you tried power cycling / rebooting the XB6, letting it come fully back up, and then connecting the switch to the XB6 ?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
mg30
Frequent Visitor

I do have it in Bridge mode because I am using a separate router.

EG
Expert

Well, then only one port will work. You'll have to connect the switch to an ethernet port on the router if you need more ports.

mg30
Frequent Visitor

Thanks, it works!

EG
Expert

My pleasure !