Community Forum

XB6-T (CGM4140COM) ethernet ports

New Poster

XB6-T (CGM4140COM) ethernet ports

Can the 2 ports in the CGM4140COM be link aggregated? Also what does this mean on port 2 - Associate Ethernet Port 2 to XFINITY HOME Network:

Note: Associating Ethernet Port 2 to XFINITY HOME network will remove the port from your home network.
?
Silver Problem Solver

Re: XB6-T (CGM4140COM) ethernet ports

@pamperedpowell wrote:
Can the 2 ports in the CGM4140COM be link aggregated? Also what does this mean on port 2 - Associate Ethernet Port 2 to XFINITY HOME Network:

Note: Associating Ethernet Port 2 to XFINITY HOME network will remove the port from your home network.
?

I don't know what aggregate means.  I have the Arris XB6 and I use an inexpesive 8-port gigabit unmanaged switch for all my ethernet connections; I never use the gateway Eth-2 port.

https://www.amazon.com/TRENDnet-Unmanaged-Switching-Protection-TEG-S80G/dp/B001QUA6RA

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

@pamperedpowell wrote:
Can the 2 ports in the CGM4140COM be link aggregated?

No.

Also what does this mean on port 2 - Associate Ethernet Port 2 to XFINITY HOME Network:

It's for connecting their Xfinity Home security and automation system(s).

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

@RobertWy wrote:

I don't know what aggregate means. 

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1SQJL_enUS782US782&sxsrf=ACYBGNRd4Yvb7yfrGuPS6C8QjBKei9uJUw%3A15...

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Thanks