Community Forum

(XB3) Cisco DPC3941T vs. Arris TG1682G

New Poster

(XB3) Cisco DPC3941T vs. Arris TG1682G

Which XB3 do you guys prefer after owning one or the other?

I recently swapped out the highly reputable Arris TM822G paired with an Asus RT-AC68U router and decided to move on after how many years and picked up a Cisco DPC3941T due to the upgraded channel bonding. Of course I bridged as well with the Asus RT-AC68U. But, I want to know your thoughts and experiences on either or. After researching both XB3's, I did notice that the Cisco is 24 x 4 and Arris is 24 x 8. Anyone with the Arris have all 8 upstream channels unlocked? I was thinking of swapping out my Cisco for the Arris but I want your guys' input.

For anyone wondering,

I am on the Preferred Triple Play with the California Grandfathered Blast! 150/10 add-on. Soon to be on Blast! Pro.

Thanks.

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: (XB3) Cisco DPC3941T vs. Arris TG1682G

No Comcast systems have more than 4 upstream, and many have 3.  You won't know any differance between the two, I'd stick with the Cisco.

Even 20 up works fine on 3 upstreams.

Your going to drive yourself crazy checking the channels every week thinking it's going to magically go to 8 upstreams, and more downstreams like 20, 24, 32.

Diamond Problem Solver

Yep. It is practically not possible for cable operators to offer any more than 4 upstream channel's with the current low / high spectrum split (5 to 45 Mhz) bandwidth allocation that exists.
New Poster

JayInAlg and EG,

Thanks guys. I learned something new today.

Contributor

Can you post an update on your experience with the Arris modem. Were you having any particular problems with the Cisco? I have the Cisco and I can't get to the admin page to make adjustments. (10.0.0.1) Were you having the same problem with the Cisco? Are you having the problem with the Arris? Thanks

New Poster

I've had the Arris TG1682G and had no problems with it besides the wireless wasn't strong enough the reach the last room in our apt. but I have a linksys router that I've flashed with DD-WRT which would reach 2 blocks away. I only had it for 6 months and it started to act up and ComCast said I qyalified for a speed upgrade (from 25Mbps to 200Mbps) and it comes with a Cisco Systems DPC3941T. Gett'n it tomarrow (WooHoo) I'm excited to try it out and see how well it works....I'm a big Cisco fan and really wanna check it out. If it's not any good I'd like to get an ASUS AC-88U but with my budget I'm look'n at a TP-Link N300.

Problem Solver

isco Gateway Division was bought out lock stock and barrel by technicolor. they are producing a new model of this unit.

Our all-in-one eMTA smart gateways feature all the latest standards and innovations in Wi-Fi, wideband DOCIS and voice functionality. These powerful platforms not only guarantee super-fast data transfer and real-time multi-media services over DOCSIS 3.0, but also deliver advanced value-added apps to subscribers.

The DPC3941Tv2 is a DOCSIS 3.0-embedded Multimedia Terminal Adapter (eMTA) smart gateway with best-in-class performance and next-generation dual band concurrent wireless support.

A dedicated applications processor and software execution environment make it powerful, reliable and suitable for demanding services and applications.

This new generation smart, high-speed data service solution supports up to 24 x 8 channel bonding for up to 960 Mbps download speeds. Moreover, it provides full MoCA 2.0 connectivity to devices in the home including set-top boxes.

»www.technicolor.com/en/s ··· c3941tv2

Diamond Problem Solver
Moved:

Duplicate post removed. 6 month old dead thread now being closed.