Community Forum

Wrong device shown under 'Device Info'

jeff07
New Poster

Wrong device shown under 'Device Info'

When I go to https://www.xfinity.com/support/devices/ it is showing the wrong device. I have an ARRIS SBG10 (ideal for my speed plan of 300Mbps) but it is showing my device as ARRIS SBG1000 (download speed of just 33Mbps), which seems to be slowing down my speed. I'm not sure how to update my device info. I've tried calling Xfinity, but the individual unfortunately couldn't understand the problem when I explained their system is showing a different device than what I have.

tl;dr: I have an ARRIS SBG10, my 'device info page' shows it as ARRIS SBG1000, which limits my download speeds to 33Mbps, when I should be close to 300Mpbs.

SignorMagnifico
Frequent Visitor

Re: Wrong device shown under 'Device Info'

I am having this same problem, and my router has been restarting randomly. Have you been experiencing the same issue?

tatamimarts
New Poster

I'm having this issue right now. Was this ever resolved? I bought this device only a year ago!

SignorMagnifico
Frequent Visitor

Hey everyone, I just wanted to post an update. After talking both to Arris and to multiple Xfinity reps, the problem was resolved. The Xfinity rep that solved the issue let me know that due to DOCSIS3.1 in my area, it causes issues with the feed coming into the modem. When I replaced the unit with a newer unit that supports DOCSIS 3.1, I stopped having the resets, and the signal numbers are now within the correct parameters. This solved the issue for me, but it may not work for everyone. I'm just letting know what worked for me. I now have an Arris SBG8300, and it has gone an entire month without a single reset. I can say the issue is safely resolved.