Community Forum

Wireless printer will not connect to X1. Using Netgear CM1150v modem and linksys router

New Poster

Wireless printer will not connect to X1. Using Netgear CM1150v modem and linksys router

I recently upgraded to Xfinity X1. I have purchased my own compatable modem (Netgear Nighthawk CM1150V) and router (Linksys) instad of using comcast's gateway. When I set up my HP Officejet 8610 wireless printer it shows up as another network. I have been trying to set it up to the linksys router. Should it be connected to the modem? I'm not sure what I am doing wrong or how I would connect it to the modem. 

Expert

Re: Wireless printer will not connect to X1. Using Netgear CM1150v modem and linksys router

If you have one, try using the set-up / installation disk that typically comes with printers or go to the manufacturer's website and download the installation software for your particular model and try it.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Wireless printer will not connect to X1. Using Netgear CM1150v modem and linksys router

I reinstalled the printer and no luck. Do you think this is a problem with the printer and not the router?

Expert

@david1688 wrote:

Should it be connected to the modem? I'm not sure what I am doing wrong or how I would connect it to the modem. 

It gets connected to the Linksys router , not the Netgear cable modem. Are you trying to set up a WiFi connection or a hardwired ethernet connection ?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

@david1688 wrote:

I reinstalled the printer and no luck. Do you think this is a problem with the printer and not the router?

It's likely just a configuration issue on your computer.  HP has a downloadable utility (HP Print and Scan Doctor) that fixes issues with their printers.  For your model, go to this link:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-8610-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5367603