Community Forum

Wireless connection not showing

Highlighted
New Poster

Wireless connection not showing

Hi, 

A couple others have mentioned this, but I saw no clear resolution in their threads. My network is not being seen by any devices in the house (phones, laptops, tvs, etc). I have tried resetting the gateway and also the cycling power methods, neither of which have helped. My ethernet connection is working fine, and the wireless was working fine until a couple of days ago.

Any suggestions on what I can do to trouble shoot this?

Contributor

Re: Wireless connection not showing

Sign on to the gateway and review the WIFI settings. You may have somehow reset it back to factory settings. 

Silver Problem Solver

@BSMIT1585 wrote:

Hi, 

A couple others have mentioned this, but I saw no clear resolution in their threads. My network is not being seen by any devices in the house (phones, laptops, tvs, etc). I have tried resetting the gateway and also the cycling power methods, neither of which have helped. My ethernet connection is working fine, and the wireless was working fine until a couple of days ago.

Any suggestions on what I can do to trouble shoot this?

You can also try this:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/view-change-wifi-password

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

@BSMIT1585 wrote:

My network is not being seen by any devices in the house (phones, laptops, tvs, etc).

For clarity, are you saying that your devices no longer see the network name (SSID) broadcast of your home network ?

I have tried resetting the gateway and also the cycling power methods, neither of which have helped. ?

As an FYI, when the gateway device is reset back to factory defaults, the SSID (network name) and the WiFi password / network key revert back to being the default ones that are written on the label. You would have to re-associate your devices with these defaults to have connectivity unless you re-configure the gateway back to the prior name and password that you used before right away.

Are the 2.4 and the 5.0 GHz WiFi indicator lights on the gateway device lit or flashing at all ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello, BSMIT1585! Welcome to the Xfinity Forums. I'm glad you reached out to us for help and I would be more than happy to take a closer look and assist you in figuring out why your network isn't being recognized. Please send me a private message with your first and last name so I can assist. 

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

BSMIT1585, as I have not heard back from you in some time, I have closed this thread to further comments. I hope you were able to figure out the cause of your missing network so you could get your devices connected, but if you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.