Community Forum

Wireless Printer Doesn't Recognize My Xfinty Wireless Router

New Poster

Wireless Printer Doesn't Recognize My Xfinty Wireless Router

I have one of the new Xfinity wireless router/modems that I picked up from the Xfinity Store a couple of months ago. All of our computers, tablets and phones have easily connected to the wireless router/modem. Unfortunately, I cannot get our HP Officejet Pro 8610 to recognize the Xfinity wireless router/modem in my home. When I run the Wizard wireless setup on the printer it can see all of the wireless routers in the neighborhood, it just can't see the one a few feet away in my house. I've tried resetting my Xfinity Wireless router/modem, but to no avail. Any ideas?
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Wireless Printer Doesn't Recognize My Xfinty Wireless Router

Printer specs shows that it's Ethernet enabled, does running an Ethernet cable to the Xfinity gateway work? 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Wireless Printer Doesn't Recognize My Xfinty Wireless Router

@Collip1997 wrote: ... I cannot get our HP Officejet Pro 8610 to recognize the Xfinity wireless router/modem in my home. ...

Does https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-8610-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5367603/docum... help?