Community Forum

Wired Range Extenders?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Wired Range Extenders?

I have been an Xfinity customer for over 10 years. I currently have GiG speed service with an XB6 modem.  The speeds are incredible but my house coverage is spotty. I have been using (3) Apple Airport Extremes to extend my network. My house is mid 1800s, not normal construction and lots of AV home theater equipment in my home. My XB6 is located in my home office over a garage (where I want/need it) but is a good 40 feet and through many walls to my home's center.  The Airport extremes are wired extenders and do a decent job but are getting on in years and I have to setup a separate newtwork name and manage through old Apple tech. As a test I setup (6) XFi pods in my house to try and mirror a wireless xfinity-only network.  My wired Apple extended network is getting speeds between 500-700Mbps and in the same location my XFi pods are getting speeds between 20-150Mbps when I can get the speedtest page to load.  I am looking to do a refresh of my entire home network with the new XB7 router... looking for a recommendations/solutiosn for WIRED range extenders.  Any ony have experience here?  (Looked at Plume Superpods....) Any help or recommendations would be super appreciated!!!