Community Forum

Will This Modem Work With Download Speeds Of Up To 100 Mbps On The Comcast Internet Network?

Frequent Visitor

Will This Modem Work With Download Speeds Of Up To 100 Mbps On The Comcast Internet Network?

I would like to know if the Motorola SURFboard 6120 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem will work on download speeds of up to approximately 100 Mbps?

If not, what speeds are supported?

Thank you for your help.

Expert

Re: Will This Modem Work With Download Speeds Of Up To 100 Mbps On The Comcast Internet Network?

That modem is no longer supported by them for any speed period. Look at their supported modems list here;

https://mydeviceinfo.xfinity.com/customerinfo

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: Will This Modem Work With Download Speeds Of Up To 100 Mbps On The Comcast Internet Network?

I viewed the list of modems, however it stated not all modems may be listed on it.

The modem worked a couple months ago, but now it's considered EOL?

Expert

Yep. It may still be grandfathered in for you, but they won't activate it anymore for new / first time users.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!