Community Forum

Wifi settings to join secured Xfinity network on Android

New Poster

Wifi settings to join secured Xfinity network on Android

Hello, I've searched all over and can't find out what to enter on my pixel 3 when I try to connect to the secured XFINITY, NOT the non secured xfinity in my wifi settings. I tried redownloading the Xfinity hotspot app and no luck getting access to the secured XFINITY. I've found I have to use TTLS on the EAP and GTC but I can't find what to enter for domain or CA certificate. Please help me get connected to the secured XFINITY NETWORK.
Screenshot_20181023-202329.png
Expert

Re: Wifi settings to join secured Xfinity network on Android

You'll need to download the XFINITY WiFi app on your Wi-Fi enabled device and sign in. If you choose to manually connect on your Android or iOS device, follow the instructions below.

For Android:

Setup Secure Connection -

1. From Settings -> Wi-Fi -> select "XFINITY"
  2. From Network Setting,
    • Enter 'TTLS' for EAP method.
    • Enter 'GTC' as your Phase 2 authentication
    • Enter your Comcast username and password for your identity/password
    • Click 'Connect'
  3. Re-enter Comcast username and/or password. You may also name your device.
  4. Click 'Google Play' to download the application for a secure connection

Please note: If you do not download the app, you will not be auto signed in and will need to follow steps 1-3 each time you manually connect.

You should now be able to browse the internet under a secure connection.

http://wifi.xfinity.com/faq.php

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Still not able to join, the screenshot attached showed you what is missing and the app does nothing on my pixel 3
Highlighted
New Poster

I'm in the same boat. I don't understand how none of the instructions or forum posts addresses the certificate part. I have the app installed as well. It doesn't do anything other than show a map.
New Poster

Deleted
New Poster

You also need to choose the certificate dropdown and choose “use system certificates.” Then, for the domain, type “secure.aaa.wifi.comcast.com”

Also put in your xfinity username and password.
New Poster

Thank you, but that doesn't work either for me. I'm pretty sure that certain MAC addresses just stop working for some reason that Comcast either doesn't understand or won't fix.
New Poster

Has worked for me on multiple Android phones for years. All Nexus or pixel.

Use this to fully automate: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.androidyou.wifiloginnew
Contributor

I don't even have the option of "use system certificates".
Expert

@kamee2109 wrote:

Have you seen this post from earlier in this thread ?;

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Wifi-settings-to-join-secured-Xfinity-network-on-And...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

@EG wrote:

@kamee2109 wrote:

Have you seen this post from earlier in this thread ?;

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Wifi-settings-to-join-secured-Xfinity-network-on-And...

Yes. I have Xfinity mobile and the app interferes with the XM device to automatically connect. But either way, I've done the app and it still doesn't work. 

Contributor

Screenshot_20190117-225036_Photos.jpg

Notice the date on the very bottom. Yeah, been dealing with this for a year in April. Was ok before that.

New Poster

secure.aaa.wifi.comcast.com worked great. Now only if we could get Comcast to put this in the documentation.