Community Forum

Wifi connection issues and speed issues

New Poster

Wifi connection issues and speed issues

2 months ago everything was working with no issues. Then I decided to cut cable cost and returned all my Xfinity rented equipment, meaning all cable boxes and modem/router to move to my owned modem/router equipment. Now I'm using strictly streaming only cable tv with Xfinity Stream app and streaming apps thru smart tv's and streaming equipment like Roku. After this change is when all issues started, connection problems like slow internet speeds and randomly wifi disconnects issues . First I bought a Netgear Modem/Router (Xfinity approved) on testing download speeds were 50mbps and 11 mbps upload on 2.4hz (I have "blast" 150mbps contracted speed) now this is the inexplicable, doing test with Ethernet connection was also 50mbps download speed and 9 mbps upload (tested on 3 different brands laptops, new and old and smart tv) and when I tested the 5hz connection speed was 177 mbps and 13 mbps upload, how in the world😱. So I called Xfinity and Netgear and solution was bad modem. Exchange modem for the same Netgear and same problem (Netgear reps were baffled for my issue and even recommend to change modem brand) So I went and changed Modem brand to Motorola and same problem and also Motorola said its impossible this was happening 50 mbps in 2.4hz and Ethernet connection and 170mbps in 5hz. Connection. So I was tired and returned my owned modem equipment I went back to Xfinity rental
Modem where there was no issue before and guess what? Same issue with Xfinity modem/router so you imagine everything I've been trying to do to solve the issue and nothing. So last try, Xfinity tech came home and changed the Xfinity modem to another Xfinity modem and same issue. On Summary 5 different modems between Xfinity brand, Motorola and Netgear and no explanation whatsoever. Xfinity tech replace coaxial wiring inside the home, remove signal amplifiers, remove unused coax lines, replace underground drop cable outside from pedestal (orange colored wire) and nothing has changed the problem. Any suggestions?