Community Forum

Wifi Connected but no internet access

New Poster

Wifi Connected but no internet access

Been having a problem with the connection.. The wifi will stay connected, but it tells me theres no internet access. Ive had a technician come out and check everything and they said theres nothing wrong with the gateway or cables. But it drops the internet MULTIPLE times a day for hours at a time.... becoming extremely frustrated with this.... Tried all the troubleshooting options and still nothing....

Expert

Re: Wifi Connected but no internet access

So the signal status figures are well in spec ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

yes. it will show that i have great signal strength just no internet access...

Expert

O/k does a hardwired computer have the same problem ?

I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

Yes. The computer, the laptop, tablets, wired or wireless..

Expert

If the gateway device wasn't swapped for another the last time a tech was there, then this should be tried.

Expert
Expert
Moved: