Community Forum

WiFi stops connecting and asks for password

Highlighted
New Poster

WiFi stops connecting and asks for password

My WiFi keeps disconnecting from devices and asks for the password. I put the password in and it says it’s wrong (it’s not). I reset my password on xFi and it’ll reconnect. Then not long after it’ll do it again.
What do I do? It’s very annoying.
Problem Solver

Re: WiFi stops connecting and asks for password

@Klewis1 wrote:
My WiFi keeps disconnecting from devices and asks for the password. I put the password in and it says it’s wrong (it’s not). I reset my password on xFi and it’ll reconnect. Then not long after it’ll do it again.
What do I do? It’s very annoying.

Sometimes it helps to go into settings and select "Manage wifi settings" then under "Manage known networks, click the name of your wireless network and choose 'forget'.  Then restart your device(s) and click on your WiFi network from the list of available networks.  Make sure you check "Connect Automatically" and click on "Connect". Enter the security code for the network. Once your computer connects to the network, its memory should be refreshed and it should connect to the network automatically even after shutdowns and restarts. Good luck!

New Poster

Mine does too. Its extremely annoying and it doesn't make sense.Im on my phone at my home and it wants me to sign into xfinity for me to get on my wifi multiple times a week.
Official Employee

Hey there, lllinthecity, thank you for reaching out. Sorry to hear about this issue! I would be happy to help. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so we can troubleshoot this further together? 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!