Community Forum

WiFi quits working after the home phone is used

New Poster

WiFi quits working after the home phone is used

I was wondering if anyone else has had the same issue? Everytime I call someone or someone calls me on my home phone, all lights go out on my modem. The WiFi stops working and so do my home phones. Comcast, as usual, is no help and will only reset the signal and the phone techs just tell us to unplug and plug it back in. Is there any way to fix this? I'm switching to Google Fiber when it becomes available in my area because I'm so tired of terrible signal and service for how expensive Xfinity ism
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: WiFi quits working after the home phone is used

It sounds like you may have a phone line short circuit. Try plugging a phone directly into the gateway and see if it replicates

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

I tried that, and it still quit working. Does that mean that my lines have a short somewhere?
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Are you using a cordless phone set? If so try moving the base away from the gateway, or changing the channels on the wireless network. It could be just a bit of interference,

Never mind I just re-read your post. That wouldn't cause the all lights to go out on the modem. It does sound like a fault with the phone wire/jack or perhaps the modem socket.