Community Forum

WiFi lights not on

Frequent Visitor

WiFi lights not on

I may not need to do anything. But I'm wondering why the WiFi lights on my modem are not on. Not blinking, nothing.
This is a recent development, started yesterday.
I know I am connected to my ssid, and I get internet access. I just expect the lights to be on as always.
I may just power cycle, but I have never seen this before. It's note broke, so why fix it?
Expert

Re: WiFi lights not on

@kazbear wrote:

I may just power cycle, but I have never seen this before. It's note broke, so why fix it?

Exactly. Ideally, they would be lit steadily or blinking depending on the coding of the particular firmware load. Try the power cycle operation. No settings will be lost. If you are desperate, try a full factory reset to factory defaults. You will have to redo all of the customized settings if you do.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi kazbear, the information that (EG) provided is correct! Feel free to reach back out to me here or via private message if you need anything further, I am happy to help. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi kazbear, unfortunately I don't see a private message or a reply back from you here so I will close this thread as completed. Feel free to create another post if you require further assistance, have a good day.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.