Community Forum

WiFi light not coming on. Did my router go out?

New Poster

WiFi light not coming on. Did my router go out?

I have tried reseting my router twice and the light comes on for only a few seconds but then goes out and my wifi is gone. The router is the wireless gateway that my package came with. Is my router out? Thanks in advance!

Tags (2)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: WiFi light not coming on. Did my router go out?

Hello,

Have you tried power cycle your device?

New Poster

I have not. how do I do that?

New Poster

I just looked up how to do that, and that is what I meant by reseting. I unplugged it, left it unplugged for a few minutes and then plugged it back in. The steps I read mentioned turning the router off first and then unplugging it, but with the comcast provided router/modem there is no on-off switch. Are there any other options? thank you

New Poster

Mine is doing the same thing Smiley Sad I assume its happening to a lot of people because Im trying to call and find out why and there is a 30 minute wait
New Poster

Happening to me too.....thought it may need a wifi module reset, but I can't even access the gateway to do that either!!

New Poster

Yup, mine is out as well... I think it must be a larger system issue.

Regular Visitor

I'm having the same problem, I reset my gateway twice and just called for help, but I got tired of holding. I hope they fix this issue soon!
New Poster

Yeah, I ended up just plugging in (the old fashion way).... The wait time for assistance was 1.5-2 hours when I just called.  I didn't even bother staying on the line.

New Poster

Mine is doing the same thing.  It must be a Comcast problem

New Poster

Is anyone receiving any updates or info on this continuing issue??  Any problem solvers want to tackle this issue??  I'm in the Atlanta area.  I have an Arris TG852G gateway.  I have cycled this device three times.  I cannot access the gateway to see what is going on.  WiFi light is still out. 

Regular Visitor

Same thing happening here and I'm so frustrated!!! At least now I know it's not just me!

Authorized Vendor

Are you still having issues?  if so PM me your cable modem MAC I will take a look.

-------------------------------------
Network Engineer, IP Engineer, Docsis..; the views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer..

Gamer.. Living the dream one catastrophe at a time Smiley Happy ..
New Poster

Thank you to ComcastTuska for helping me get my WiFi back this evening.  I had been fidling with it for hours and behold, within 10 minutes he/she had it back up and running!  If you are having issues tonight like I am, I would recommend PM'ing them!  As a doctoral student trying to get some grading done online, this is a lifesaver!

New Poster

I second that!  Thanks again to ComcastTuska!!  Hopefully this doesn't turn into a major issue for you guys!!!

Authorized Vendor

rdhubach wrote:

Thank you to ComcastTuska for helping me get my WiFi back this evening.  I had been fidling with it for hours and behold, within 10 minutes he/she had it back up and running!  If you are having issues tonight like I am, I would recommend PM'ing them!  As a doctoral student trying to get some grading done online, this is a lifesaver!

Thank you..  It is a him, First name is Chris everyone calls me Tuska.. 

Network Engineer, IP Engineer, Docsis..; the views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer..

New Poster

I am having the same problems, ive been on the line for help but no one has picked up yet. Can someone please help me?!?!?!?!?!

<div_prefs id="div_prefs">

Authorized Vendor

Send me a Private Message with your cable modem MAC address... It is a white label on the back of the modem next to the RF (cable) connection

New Poster

My network was knocked out by the weather. I've reset modem and able to use plugged in but my WIFI connection is not available.  Thanks,

Regular Visitor

A HUGE thank you to ComcastTuska for fixing things for us! He is AWESOME!
Regular Visitor

Comcast Tuska, AKA Chris, I saw this thread while looking for corrections to my new router, and it looks to be that you are the person that can help me out, if you would not mind. I tried to send you a pm but not being an outlook user, or familiar with this forum, I am having problems with that, however, I may continue trying and get one through.

I have two issues, one is my Wifi light will not come on at all, and I can not find any wireless networks on my Samsung S3, or desk top.

Also I can not access my router through the 10.0.0.1 address either.

Oh I guess three problems, but the third my not be your concern. My WOW is running slow, even with no UI loaded, and all settings turned down, I have major lag during Raid Boss fights, so bad I can not raid until it is fixed.

Please let m eknow how I can relay Mac address for my modem, to you with out using outlook.

Thanks

Diamond Problem Solver

Use this link to send him a private forum message. You don't need Outlook;

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/4903361

Regular Visitor

TY PM sent

Authorized Vendor

dreamin wrote:

TY PM sent

You device is in bridge mode, will do a factory reset on it..

New Poster

My wifi light went out several hours ago.  Tried reset...no luck.   Powered down the modem...no luck...

any ideas?

New Poster

My wifi light will not stay on, it will blink on occasion but then goes out soon after. I know my wifi works - but shouldn't the light stay on?
New Poster

Just sent you a PM, same problem, WiFi light is out.  Hopefully you can help me out...

New Poster

Re: WiFi light not coming on.

The WiFi light on my route will not come on.  I unplugged, and reset twice with no luck.  Please help.

New Poster

Re: WiFi light not coming on.

so now i'm having this freakin' problem!

Diamond Problem Solver
Moved:

Diamond Problem Solver
Moved:

Year old topic now being closed. ATTENTION northvanurse. Your post contained personal information (modem MAC address). It is being re-posted here on this board as a new topic with this information removed. Please look for it.