Community Forum

WiFi drops over and over

New Poster

Re: WiFi drops over and over

My Wi-Fi is doing this all so,  I've done all the troubleshooting stuff over and over.  We can't keep it working right on any mobile device.  My signal bars are lit up full strength but I get pop up messages saying waiting on internet connection.  I'm frustrated and tired of paying for a service that doesn't work right.  I've spoken to technical support and all they did was reset the signal.  What is going on??????????   Will this ever end?????

New Poster

Same problem since Nov 2013.  Finally comcast route quick working, including phone.  They replace the router about two weeks ago and continue to have the same problem but it intensify a the days go.  Some time it disconnect and then reconnects by itself.  But all to often I have to manually reset.  I don't believe comcast has a solution.  My solution will be to switch to Verizon in the near future.  It appears that Comcast is in now rush to remedy this problem since it is so wide spread.  If u do call that special 1-800 let us all know your outcome.  Good luck 

New Poster

Same Problem for over 3 years! Changed Modem 3 times, bought new Router, spent endless hours trying to resolve. I have to keep resetting, works 4 about a month if im lucky. We need more options for Cable! Got rid of my TV payments. Now considering sonic.net 4 my internet service. Check out article by BRG.com "Did you know that your home router is broadcasting free Wi-Fi to the whole neighborhood"?

New Poster

I was having the dropping problem only with my two Linux devices, at two different households with Xfinity wifi. (My Android devices and iOS devices were fine.)

I solved it with an earlier poster's suggestion: setting the wifi channel to a fixed frequency.

New Poster

Hello folks,

i am also experiencing the same wifi disconnect issue since last 3 months, never had chance to post or contact comcast.

i talked to them thay claimed that my modem and router may be faulty.

Modem : motorolla SB6121

Router : 150M rosewill Router which can support 150Mps spped.

I am ready to pay some extra bucks to comcast for the modem. can you promise that you can fix my WIFI problems?.

I was using optimum for 2 years never had an issue. anywhere in the home it was working wonderfully. 

after my move, i took this comcast service and started feel this pain.

New Poster

I am investigating the possibility of mobile devices breaking/causing wireless routers to disconnect other wireless devices.

We have Comcast and have used a few different wifi routers.  I bought my own modem as to save $$ on the rental after 1-year of fees.

Scenario =  Device we use at home: Wii, PS3, TV's with Wireless.  We also have an iPad 2 with latest iOS.  No issues with WiFi enabled on this device.

If we enable the wifi on our other mobile (phones) devices -

Galaxy S3 - v4.3

Iphone 5 any iOS (ipad2 and anything 4s and prior seem to be OK).

Our Wifi ceases to work.  Turning off the Wifi on these mobile devices - and all is good again.

Here's some added affirmation to my theory.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1451548

New Poster

The error message I got after the connection dropped indicated a DNS problem with comcast. I deactivated the automatic DNS and assigne the free google DNS adresses instead (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4). Problem seems to be gone.