Community Forum

WiFi disconnecting for ~10sec every hour at the same time

New Poster

WiFi disconnecting for ~10sec every hour at the same time

I've been having an issue where all my WiFi connected devices disconnect once per hour, and it's the same time every hour (it changes day to day -- today it's X:55 so 7:55am, 8:55am...). I can tell it disconnects because I have a Harmony Hub, which has a LED that turns red when it loses connection, a Google Home Hub which has a "connecting..." screen, and I get kicked off of Switch online games (which is WiFi).

It's only WiFi as well, as I've been able to stay online during Ethernet-connected Xbox gaming.

I'm not sure how to solve this: Comcast says everything looks good on their end. A tech came out and his only note was the coax needed to be RG6 and not the outdated standard it is now.

Is that correct, or should I try buying my own modem/router? Or should this not be an issue at all? I did receive a 50mbps boost, which solved the issue for about a week, but then it came back.
Expert

Re: WiFi disconnecting for ~10sec every hour at the same time

@Kercom wrote:
A tech came out and his only note was the coax needed to be RG6 and not the outdated standard it is now.

Is that correct, or should I try buying my own modem/router? 

FWIW, if it were a coax problem, it would affect both the WiFi and hardwired connections. I always advise using quality retail modems and routers rather than ISP supplied gateway devices.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!