Community Forum

WiFi Intermittently resetting--VERY Frustrating!!

Regular Visitor

WiFi Intermittently resetting--VERY Frustrating!!

I have been a loyal Comcast/Xfinity customer for nearly 20 years. I have paid all my bills on time and have multiple services with the company. In the past few weeks, I have been having connectivity issues where my internet and phone (not TV) have intermittently gone off throughout the day. When this occurs, everything in my house "resets": Nest Thermostat, Nest Protect, XFi Pods,  ADT, MyQ Garage, Apple TVs, Canary, Arlo Cameras, Ring Doorbell, etc. etc. It is usually out for a few minutes but happens at irregular intervals (sometimes once or twice a day, sometimes 5 times in an hour). I did the usual check list call with Xfinity and checked my connections and restarted the Gateway DOZENS of times; I swapped out the Gateway at a local Xfinity store; I took the day off from work and had a tech at the house for over 3 hours; he was unfriendly, "bothered" and unaware of what my actual problem was (he didn't even know what XFinity Xpods were when I showed him that they were all failing).  After troubleshooting, he finally ended up adding an amplifier to the side of my house, and it seemed to have worked....until 4 days later when the same intermittent issues resumed. I am at a loss for what to do next. I have noticed that it has been windier (in South FL) and saw that my cable line goes through a palm tree canopy near the pole; when it the wind picks up it appears that the connector might be getting "jostled"--this may explain the little outage that momentarily flips off my wifi?? Has anyone had this same experience? Is there a way to get an escalated call to Xfinity and hopefully have someone check the outside connection without me having to be home?  I am extremely frustrated and though I don't want to switch services, I feel like I have no choice but to start looking for alternatives. Also, does anyone know if they have a way to see how often in a day it is on and off? They either tell me it is up and running or if its down when I call--no trend.