Community Forum

Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting constantly and have two isps with the same Wi-Fi name

Frequent Visitor

Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting constantly and have two isps with the same Wi-Fi name

My Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting constantly and I have to keep reconnecting to it over and over again and have two isps with the same Wi-Fi name. I have the number two beside my Wi-Fi name that I use to connect to the Internet. This must be the culprit, but I don't know. Got any ideas?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting constantly and have two isps with the same Wi-Fi name

@Cntrymusluvbug wrote:

My Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting constantly and I have to keep reconnecting to it over and over again and have two isps with the same Wi-Fi name. I have the number two beside my Wi-Fi name that I use to connect to the Internet. This must be the culprit, but I don't know. Got any ideas?

No clue; this will let you see your SSID and password:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/view-change-wifi-password

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

Re: Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting constantly and have two isps with the same Wi-Fi name

Make the SSID's different if they are not. In your computer's WiFi connection dialog, forget any other networks that you do not want to connect to. Try these tips;

Some tips for improving WiFi performance;

http://corporate.comcast.com/comcast-voices/10-ways-you-might-be-killing-your-home-wi-fi-signal

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Improve-Your-Wireless-Gateway-Home-Network/td-p/26276...

There are other options. Google for WiFi repeaters / range extenders, WiFi mesh systems / pods, powerline ethernet adapters, MoCA adapters. Good luck !

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Okay, I figured why my Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting. The modem right next to the TV and my big computer. I don't have anyplace else in my house to move my big computer since it is in an excellent location where I can watch TV and work on my computer stuff. I could try to move the modem to the other side of the printer. Thanks for continuing to help me out with this. I'll keep working on this and try to figure out a solution.
Frequent Visitor

I'm using my iPhone to answer the post. Sometimes, the spellchecker messes me up typing lol. Anyways, I tried moving the modem to the other side of the printer. I'll keep you posted on this and see if it did any better.
Frequent Visitor

I figured out what it was. The speed was too slow. It's okay now.
Expert

O/k glad to hear. I re-opened this thread. Don't know why or who locked it..... So just for clarity and to benefit all readers here, was it what you posted ?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Yep, it was me that posted after I researched it a little more on my own. I never thought about the connection being so slow. It would disconnect after a few minutes of inactivity which I find a little strange. I got on this morning and it connected instantly.
Frequent Visitor

Everything seems to be good now. I don't worry about the number two next to the ssid name 'cause I checked it the other day. It's not causing any trouble, but occasionally I get a pop up screen saying that I have two identical ssids. Didn't see anything in my network settings with two just alike.
Expert

@Cntrymusluvbug wrote:
Yep, it was me that posted after I researched it a little more on my own. I never thought about the connection being so slow. It would disconnect after a few minutes of inactivity which I find a little strange. I got on this morning and it connected instantly.

Thanks for replying ! Smiley Happy

Frequent Visitor

You're welcome. I also decided to try to change my ssid name and that fixed the other issue I had with the duplicate Wi-Fi network name and the number 2 beside it. The speed is wonderful 😀.