Community Forum

Wi-Fi Calling with AT&T iPhone SE

Regular Contributor

Wi-Fi Calling with AT&T iPhone SE

I have an iPhone SE with AT&T cellular voice/text/data service.  The AT&T service is not so good in my house so I decided to try using 'Wi-Fi Calling' on my iPhone to see if that was better.

Does Comcast Xfinity internet service support Wi-Fi Calling from an iPhone?

Thanks

Image-1.jpg

Expert

Re: Wi-Fi Calling with AT&T iPhone SE

I cant see your picture. You shouldn't have a problem with Wi-Fi calling. Are you having any issues getting it enabled?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the reply.

"Wi-Fi Calling" is not working.  Over at the AT&T community forums it was suggested to wait an hour (for the first time use) so I am doing that now.

I tried re-booting my iPhone - that did not help.

"Wi-Fi Calling" turns on and off OK - so it doesn't seem to be a problem with my AT&T account.

I'm using Vonage for a land-line-phone on my Comcast internet service and that is similiar to "Wi-Fi Calling"

Expert

At the top left, is your pphone ever displaying AT&T Wi-Fi? Also, are your carrier settings and iOS up to date? You can check carrier settings at Settings > General > About (it should pop up within a few seconds if you have an update).

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Regular Contributor

So, I called AT&T support and we did as follows -
Checked my Carrier Settings: 32.0.1 (my iPhone has the correct version of AT&T settings).
Did: Settings, General, Reset, Reset Network Settings
The AT&T tech guy reset my AT&T account.
Wi-Fi Calling still does not work - but, the tech guy said to try again tomorrow after his account reset has a chance to filter through the AT&T system
Also, I just noticed LTE phone calls also do not work
So, at this point, voice calls can not be made from my iPhone.
I'll wait until tomorrow and call AT&T support again.

It is now about 12 hours after my AT&T account profile has been reset by the AT&T support guy.

I tested my iPhone SE  - and, everything is working correctly.

Wi-Fi calling is fantastic and has solved my problem with poor cell network signal strength in my home (usually about 1 bar out of 4).

Cell phone calls using Wi-Fi Calling are crystal clear.

My internet service provider is Comcast (aka Xfinity).  I have about 140 Mbps download and 6 Mbps upload speed.

My Wi-Fi rounter is a LinkSys EA8500 AC2600 MU-MIMO Gigabit Router.

My cable modem is a 6 year old Motorola SB6120.

My iPhone SE is one of the smartphones that AT&T lists as supporting AT&T/iOS Wi-Fi Calling.

Expert

Glad to hear it all worked out.