Community Forum

Wi-Fi Calling with AT&T iPhone SE

Regular Contributor

Wi-Fi Calling with AT&T iPhone SE

I have an iPhone SE with AT&T cellular voice/text/data service.  The AT&T service is not so good in my house so I decided to try using 'Wi-Fi Calling' on my iPhone to see if that was better.

Does Comcast Xfinity internet service support Wi-Fi Calling from an iPhone?

Thanks

Image-1.jpg

Expert

Re: Wi-Fi Calling with AT&T iPhone SE

I cant see your picture. You shouldn't have a problem with Wi-Fi calling. Are you having any issues getting it enabled?

Regular Contributor

Thanks for the reply.

"Wi-Fi Calling" is not working.  Over at the AT&T community forums it was suggested to wait an hour (for the first time use) so I am doing that now.

I tried re-booting my iPhone - that did not help.

"Wi-Fi Calling" turns on and off OK - so it doesn't seem to be a problem with my AT&T account.

I'm using Vonage for a land-line-phone on my Comcast internet service and that is similiar to "Wi-Fi Calling"

Expert

At the top left, is your pphone ever displaying AT&T Wi-Fi? Also, are your carrier settings and iOS up to date? You can check carrier settings at Settings > General > About (it should pop up within a few seconds if you have an update).

Regular Contributor

So, I called AT&T support and we did as follows -
Checked my Carrier Settings: 32.0.1 (my iPhone has the correct version of AT&T settings).
Did: Settings, General, Reset, Reset Network Settings
The AT&T tech guy reset my AT&T account.
Wi-Fi Calling still does not work - but, the tech guy said to try again tomorrow after his account reset has a chance to filter through the AT&T system
Also, I just noticed LTE phone calls also do not work
So, at this point, voice calls can not be made from my iPhone.
I'll wait until tomorrow and call AT&T support again.

It is now about 12 hours after my AT&T account profile has been reset by the AT&T support guy.

I tested my iPhone SE  - and, everything is working correctly.

Wi-Fi calling is fantastic and has solved my problem with poor cell network signal strength in my home (usually about 1 bar out of 4).

Cell phone calls using Wi-Fi Calling are crystal clear.

My internet service provider is Comcast (aka Xfinity).  I have about 140 Mbps download and 6 Mbps upload speed.

My Wi-Fi rounter is a LinkSys EA8500 AC2600 MU-MIMO Gigabit Router.

My cable modem is a 6 year old Motorola SB6120.

My iPhone SE is one of the smartphones that AT&T lists as supporting AT&T/iOS Wi-Fi Calling.

Expert

Glad to hear it all worked out.