Community Forum

Why is the internet speed so poor?

Frequent Visitor

Why is the internet speed so poor?

I'm going to preface and say that I was the first home in my county to get the Gig-speed when it went live.  We had a lot of trouble at the start, but I never went below 900 Mbps after they got it all working and NEVER had issues.

In November 2018, I moved across my town, which is about 3-4 miles away from where I formerly lived, and now I am on the gig package, and I cannot consistently get above 100 Mbps. 

I've had numerous tech visits, and they come and get the speed up to 500ish Mbps, and it's like a great feat, and then they leave and a week or two later my rates are back to 70 Mbps.

One time the tech told me to solve the problem, I should go and buy the pods from Xfinity, which I did and then his boss came the next time, and we found out that all the pods do is spread the poor connection.  If the speeds are weak, they will stay poor.

It's annoying that I had such excellent service for so long and now I am paying for the worst service. 

Another side note, the internet is so poor that we cannot even stream Xfinity on our TV because it keeps skipping due to load issues.. we shouldn't get that on 1gig package. 

Official Employee

Re: Why is the internet speed so poor?

Greetings, nmiranda17! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I apologize to hear you are having such a rough time with the internet speed since you have moved. Certainly not the experience we want for you. I would like to look further into this and see if I can find out what could be going on. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Why is the internet speed so poor?

Hello, nmiranda17. I have not heard back from you and hope the issue has been resolved. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new public thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!