Community Forum

Why is it so hard to get Comcast/Xfinity to do what I ask

Regular Visitor

Why is it so hard to get Comcast/Xfinity to do what I ask

Let me preface this by saying I am an advanced user and have gone through every troubleshooting step possible.

For the last month or so I have had excessive lag in games, bad enough to disconnect me. Recently it has gotten to the point that the modem itself will disconnect for a few minutes. Now, heres everything I have done so far. I have replaced every coax line in the house, including the one that goes through the wall from the outside in. I have replaced the splitter at the wall that splits off to the modem and STB. I have even had Xfinity swap the modem out for me. Nothing has seemed to make a difference. Now, I do know this: when I am experiencing the lag or disconnects, the service status page shows that there may be a device issue on both the modem and STB. All of the signals I can see are fine: Downstream power level ranges from -1.7 to +3.3dBmV. Downstream SNR ranges from 40 to 43dB. Upstream power levels range from 46.5 to 49dBmV. I am trying to find out the Upstream SNR but apparently no rep that I talk to can tell me. As far as my set-up its as follows: Wall to splitter to modem and STB. Modem is an XB6-T. From there it goes into an Asus RT AC68U Router. Now, I experience issues both plugged in directly to the modem, and plugged into the router. At this point I dont know what else to check. I have asked multiple times for the outside drop to be replaced as a storm a few months ago knocked a branch onto it, and I feel it is damaged. But they keep insisting that its an issue in the house. Someone, please help.

TL;DR Have been having excessive lag and random disconnects. Replaced everything in the home, including the modem and I still have issues. The outside drop was damaged by a fallen branch in a storm and Comcast refuses to replace it. What else could be wrong?
Official Employee

Re: Why is it so hard to get Comcast/Xfinity to do what I ask

Greetings, KagedGryphon! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I apologize to hear you are having issues with the internet causing some lagging on the games. That's certainly frustrating and not the experience we want for you. I would like to look into this for and see what's going on with the worst case being we need to send a tech out. I appreciate you taking the time to try and troubleshoot this on your own. Sometimes it may not be your house or the lines but the neighborhood node. I can check that as well. Please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you and get you back into the game.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Why is it so hard to get Comcast/Xfinity to do what I ask

I'm glad I was able to assist you and get the internet issue resolved, KagedGryphon. If you ever need further assistance don't hesitate to reach out to us.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!