Community Forum

Why is internet so slow?

New Poster

Why is internet so slow?

I have the fastest internet speed you provide. I use speed test ookla and fast.com and both show 75 or less. This occurs EVERYDAY from 3am to around  6 am. Also, during the day we have intermittent slow times . We switched from AT&T with hopes that throttling was not present with Xfinity.  But it seems it is. I am paying for something that is truly not performing to task.

Expert

Re: Why is internet so slow?

Start here;

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Connection-Troubleshooting-Tips/m-p/1253575#M94474

Post the requested info from here;

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Information-Requested-for-Connection-Related-Posts/m...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hey @Mitzihuff1973

Thanks for posting to the Forums! Were you able to do some troubleshooting on your end using the links provided by @EG? Can you post your signal levels so we can try to help isolate a cause? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

speedtest.xfinity.com/
This web page is useless and the older speedtest  for xfinity isn't much better and both are usually overstated.Screenshot (9).png

but it doesn't matter what your max speed is .    If the sending server can only send at speeds less than 25Mbps, what good is it if you can download at 400Mbps.  Not even Xfinity.com will send you a file  downloading at > 100Mbps.  And how fast can your storage device write it all to a file perfectly??? 

just remember you are as fast  as the slowest part of your  end to end connection which is usually the server at the other end that you don't control.