Community Forum

Why doesnt my sb6190 cable modem only get 32x4 and not 32x8 like it supose to

New Poster

Why doesnt my sb6190 cable modem only get 32x4 and not 32x8 like it supose to

it imposable to find a local tech to tell me why

Expert

Re: Why doesnt my sb6190 cable modem only get 32x4 and not 32x8 like it supose to

It's because Comcast currently offers only 3 to 4 upstream channels.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Why doesnt my sb6190 cable modem only get 32x4 and not 32x8 like it supose to

is that true for my area how can i be sure

Expert

It's true systemwide. Trust me.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Yes, it is system wide limit to 4. I was just researching this to see what type of modem to get for speed I use. 
BTW, if you live in a Fios (or possibly other) fiber area, the upload on that is faster even for the cheapest service. Mine is 57 down and 70 up but, I have seen 90s up too. (I wish it was the opposite!)
I am in process of seeing if I can switch to Xfinity after Fios jacked up prices to pay for Verizon CEO Hamptons and Aspen homes.