Community Forum

Why can't I install a Motorola MG7700 on my network?

Regular Visitor

Why can't I install a Motorola MG7700 on my network?

I'm being told that I can't install this approved modem on my network, because it does not support telephone. I have the triple play, which does include phone. However I have a seperate modem specifically for that. I am looking to replace a second modem, that doesn't service the phone in my home, but no matter, Comcast is saying that it still needs to support the phone. How does that make sense?

Official Employee

Re: Why can't I install a Motorola MG7700 on my network?

Hello LeeMac. We appreciate you visiting and posting on our Forums. I can assist with researching your account, and the option to add your modem as a data only modem for your internet connection. Please reach out to me via private message and include your full name so I can assist you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I did respond via private message as requested

Official Employee

Thanks, LeeMac. I received and responded to your private message. Thank you. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi LeeMac, glad we were able to reach a resolution for you. Thank you for creating the post, and thank you for using the Forums! This post has now been locked. Please don't hesitate to send a private message if you need any further help, or create a new post if you need assistance with anything else.